These days, you can’t just pick the first name you see in the yellow pages or anywhere online. That may work for ordering a pizza but it won’t work when looking to find a professional roofing contractor to install or repair a homes roof. Homeowners will need to qualify the roofer in question to make sure they are the right person for the job.
It is important that the person you hire to install or repair your shingle roof is a legitimate licensed and insured roofing contractor. This will help to prevent issues that are common with shingle roofing that is improperly installed such as leaks, flashing failures or other roofing related issues. Consider the following aspects when it comes to hiring a professional shingle roofing contractor to install the homes new roof or repair issues with an existing shingle roof.
Consider the Following When Hiring a Professional Roofing Contractor
- The Roofer’s Name: When you are looking into hiring a professional shingle roofing contractor it is important to get the roofer’s full name, contact number, license number, and full company name. This allows you to know exactly who to get a hold of and how to touch base with them before, during, and after the job is done.
- Proper Insurance: The roofing contractor that is hired should be properly insured meaning that they have both liability insurance and workers compensation policies intact. Don’t ever take the roofing contractors word on this matter; always ask for proper documentation. This is not rude; it is part of the roofing contractor’s job to supply proper documentation.
- Free Consultations and Estimates: Roofing contractors should offer homeowners a free estimate and roofing consultation. During which they evaluate the current state of the roof and the costs associated with repairing or replacing it. This estimate and consultation should never cost a homeowner a dime.
- Experience: A roofing contractor that has been providing shingle roofs for some time are likely to be more knowledgeable than one that is new to the industry. An experienced roofing contractor is a necessity for the homeowner’s peace of mind.
- Promptness: Whether it is with providing phone calls in return to yours or showing up to your house on time to bid the job it is important that the contractor shows up on time and does what they tell you they are going to do.
- Professionalism: Consider how the contractor treats you when talking to you over the phone or in person. Is the roofing contractor dressed professionally when he meets with homeowners? Would you invite this person into your home with their current appearance? Are they dirty or are the pulled together in a professional manner? If this is a person that does not care about their appearance when representing their business than they are probably not someone that should be working to replace or repair the homes roof.
In conclusion, a home’s roof is an important investment. The tips above help homeowners to select the right roofer for the job. Remember to be choosy about who is hired, as it is important to getting a high quality long-lasting asphalt shingle roof.
Learn more about Home Pro Roofing and their vast line of custom roofing options installed by professional roofing contractors including: asphalt shingle roofing, metal roofing, roof repair, and new roof installation at www.homeproroofingmi.com. To contact one of our roofing contractors call 810.225.9080 today.