Let’s face it; kitchens get a lot of action. To keep your cooking area clean and tidy, it’s essential to pay attention to the types of finishes used throughout the space. Are you tired of scrubbing your flooring, hardware, cabinets, and more? Read on to learn how you can reduce your cleaning time by using these easy-to-maintain finishes.
- Ceramic or porcelain tile is best for high-traffic areas and wet zones, a.k.a. kitchens. Their moisture resistance is unmatched, and they are highly resilient to scratching and staining. Another added bonus? Unlike natural stone, you don’t have to seal ceramic or porcelain tile or use special cleaning agents.
- Vinyl is ideal in kitchens as it can handle moisture, spills, stains, and more. Cleanup is quick and easy; it is also difficult to scratch. Without grout lines, there is no place for dirt and grime to hide and accumulate.
- Flat-panel doors are so chic right now. The less door detail, the less grime and grease. Since the surface of flat panel doors doesn’t have raised grooves or deep recessions, they are super easy to wipe and clean.
- Shaker doors are a great alternative to flat panels. These add a touch of detail yet are easy to maintain.
- Ceramic and porcelain are again the clear winners here, as they are nonporous and repel water, don’t require sealing, and are generally durable.
- Glass is super easy to wipe down, thanks to its smooth finish. Though their highly reflective surface shows grease and food more than tile, solid-glass sheets allow you to forgo grout as well, which is a huge advantage.
- Brushed nickel is superior to most metals since its matte finish helps to hide water spots and fingerprints. It’s easy to clean and has a long-lasting appearance.
- Oil-rubbed bronze doesn’t require much upkeep but does show fingerprints more.
Do you want to replace some of your kitchen finishes to help ease the upkeep? Contact the remodeling experts at JFC today.
JFC Remodeling is committed to providing top-quality home reconstruction services to clients throughout Livingston County. With over 30 years of experience in the industry, our licensed contractors create unique, individualized, and polished renovations. Whether the site requires an improvement, repair, or is a new construction, you can trust our experts to deliver remarkable results. Call: 810-923-1123, e-mail: email@example.com, or visit us at: www.jfcremodeling.com today.
Written by the digital marketing staff at Creative Programs & Systems: www.cpsmi.com.