It appears that more and more homeowners are shifting the design perspective to hiring contractors that can handle the design and building all in one. Many problems can arise when homeowners have to communicate with two different professional parties, designers and contractors, so it is a special era of home construction when one contractor does it all.
Designers often blame contractors when problems occur while contractors return the blame to designers when the job goes sideways. It is a better situation for homeowners to get the best contractor and designer for the job from the same spot.
2018 Trends in Kitchen Design and Remodeling
Decades ago, the kitchen was hidden in the back of the house. It was a place where meals were prepared and dirty dishes were washed. Fast forward to 2018 and the kitchen has a much different role. Today, the kitchen is the focal point of the home, the place that brings everyone together at the start of the day or after a long day way. Now instead, the kitchen is paraded in all its beauty and warmth at the very center of the house.
Kitchens have changed a lot over the decades and planning for your kitchen remodel is very important. Technology advances and changing social dynamics have contributed greatly to the rise of the modern kitchen. There is a far bigger focus on open concept homes that revolve around the kitchen so everyone can be together. As with any modern design trend, clean and simple styles have become favorites for homeowners with natural light becoming an essential aspect of the overall look and function of the kitchen space.
With advice from design experts, here are the top trends in kitchen design we expect to see in 2018:
- Kitchen Cabinet Colors: White, Gray, and Dark Paint Colors are Elegant and Beautiful
- Streamlined Designs, Materials, and Textures
- Effective Storage Solutions and Additional Cabinetry
- Kitchen Appliances: New Styles and Preferences
- Hardwood Flooring is Popular as well as Ceramic Tiling
- Single Level Multi-Purpose Kitchen Islands for Storage Solutions
- Pet – Friendly Kitchen Spaces
Top Trends in Bathroom Designs and Renovations for 2018
For most people, the bathroom has become a personal sanctuary. It is not just a place to wash off the grit. It is your personal spa, where you relieve the stress of the day and relax. So, when you are renovating your bathroom, you are not just creating a practical bathing space; you are creating a place when you can get away and be yourself. Every aspect and component has to come together towards this goal while also meeting the practical needs of bathing.
If you are building a new home or planning a renovation, the following list of the hottest upcoming bathroom design trends in 2018 should get your creativity going.
- The Bathroom Needs to Be Efficient and Comfortable
- Toilets are More High Tech Including Seat Warmers, Automatic Lids, Slow Close Features, Adjustable Dryers and More
- Brass and Gold Tone Fixtures are Making a Comeback
- Lighting Style Including Light Bars and Wall Scones
- Under-floor Heating Systems and Under the Counter Appliances
- Unique Bathroom Flooring Such As: Hexagon, Arabesque, Diamond, Moroccan Fish Scales, and Chevron Patterns in New Colors and Textures.
- Bold Accent Walls & Floors Including Ceramic and Porcelain Graphic Tiles
One common thread has been evident in all home design trends for 2018; homeowners are looking for ways to break from the mold and be unique in their styling. In the bathroom and kitchen designs, they are relying on technology, tiles, and bold accents to make the home more interesting.
JFC Remodeling, out of Howell, Michigan, offers a variety of construction services for the home including: kitchen and bath remodeling, flooring renovations, and home remodeling. You can find out more information at http://www.jfcremodeling.com or by reaching out to our home renovation specialists at 810.923.1123.