When you are in the market for a new roof or roof repair it is vital you choose the proper skilled worker which is why it’s important to know how to tell a legitimate roofing contractor from a fly by night person. Thanks to this handy list we make it super easy to determine whether the roofing contractor you are considering hiring is a good choice or not.
- Licensed – A good roofing contracting will be able to furnish the proper licenses for their work. Each area has their own requirements when it comes to contractors and a legitimate contractor will have the proper licenses for their business.
- Insured – A good roofing contractor will be fully insured to protect not only themselves and their employees but also to protect their clients should anything happen out of the ordinary.
- References – When you are trying to decide on which roofing contractor to hire be sure to not only ask for previous clients but also call and talk to those clients, ask the important questions that way you can be sure that your job will be done properly by a professional. Besides just simply calling and talking to previous clients (if you are able to) go look at the roofing contractors work.
- Business Time Frame – How long as the potential roofing contractor been in business? It might take a little more consideration because those who have been in business longer will have more references as well as experience. While it is true all businesses begin somewhere just remember that the newer businesses will need a little more consideration to ensure you are getting good quality service.
- Warranty – Ask your potential roofing contractor if their work comes with any type of warranty. A good contractor who does quality work will have no problems backing their work for a specified amount of time.
- Contracts – Is your potential roofing contractor willing to put into writing what will be covered in the price on paper? Get signed contracts spelling out everything from price, materials, what’s included, and any warranty this will help cover you in case anything happens or just as a safety net.
- Communication – There isn’t many things more annoying than trying to pay someone for a service and they don’t communicate with you. If you run across a contractor who won’t return calls in a timely manner or can’t communicate easily it might be time to find another roofing contractor.
Roofing contractors can be found pretty much anywhere the real task is finding a quality roofing contractor who is professional and willing to put the work into the job to ensure a high quality job that you will be satisfied with.
Home Pro Roofing contractors offer a variety of roofing services throughout Brighton, East Lansing, Ann Arbor, Fenton and Commerce Township, including installation of shingle roofs, metal roofing and roof repairs. You will find them at http://www.homeproroofingmi.com today.