If you haven’t started planning for your company’s holiday party, it’s time to start! Our experts are on the job to assist in planning a bash that your crew will actually be excited to come to. Corporate events don’t need to live up to their stale reputation, it is 2018 and having a good time with your co-workers is trending! Here are some tips to create a corporate event that stands out to your employees for years to come.
Choose a Theme
Nothing turns a frown upside down faster than a party with a theme! Even your typical drinks and dinner event goes from ho-hum to something better when a theme is stuck to it. Think about it, you will be talking about how Donna from HR won the ugly sweater contest with her hideous, super flash, glitter, punk sweater for holiday parties to come. Here are some other ideas:
- Create a wonderland with fake snow, twinkling lights, and all white décor
- Have members of your staff vote on a decade and dress like they are from that era
- Create a tropical resort or cozy cabin
- Choose a color theme
- Invite people of different cultures to share recipes pot luck style
Entice Them with Prizes
Winning something is always fun. Think about prizes that truly connect with your employees and budget. Consider the following ideas:
- Gift cards
- Paid time off
Activities That Break the Ice
Games aren’t just for kids anymore. Plan an activity that helps loosen everyone up and get to know each other better. Activities where people have to work together are popular at corporate holiday events as it works as a team builder but in a non-formal setting. Try the following:
- Scavenger hunts
- Movie trivia
- Assemble gingerbread houses
- Decorate cookies
Some other fun ideas are:
- Give back to the community by helping others or hold a toy/food drive.
- Bring in some entertainment like a comic or hypnotist
- Do a gift exchange or secret Santa
- Do a group outing like to play laser tag, an escape room, or karaoke
Event Planning DC provides full event planning, partial event planning, month-of (day-of) event coordination, event styling/design and decorating services throughout DC, Maryland, and Virginia, with access to local and national vendors who may provide additional services suitable for your event and budget. We pride ourselves on providing only the highest quality event coordination, giving you and your guests the perfect day, no matter what the occasion including exclusive corporate and non-profit events, weddings, Bar & Bat Mitzvahs, community events and milestone celebrations. More information can be found online at http://www.eventplanningdc.com.