Researching Linear Accelerators in the beginning, is important to take into account a variety of considerations. First and foremost is the cost of the accelerator itself. Now, the best way to save while spending is to look for a refurbished linear accelerator. That way, you will be able to get the machine you want in a more affordable way.
How Does A Linear Accelerator Work?
The machine uses microwave technology to accelerate electrons in a wave which allows the electronics to collide with a heavy metal target. This way, they are generating high-energy X-ray photons that conform to the shape of the tumor and destroy the cancer tissues.
Comparing the options to buy a new accelerator or look for refurbished linear accelerator ads is something that comes down to the specific needs and budget constraints within your facility. While new is new, used linear accelerator equipment can also be great for practices who treat relatively few patients.
We have put together 5 top reasons to buy a refurbished linear accelerator to help make the important decision of which one to get.
Five Reasons to Buy a Refurbished Linear Accelerator
- Growth of company – Buying a used linear accelerator lets you treat more patients and grow your practice by operating with a relatively older machine. When your business grows, you will be able to renew it with a completely new one.
- Flexibility – You can backup your existing system with a redundant and beam-based system. If a problem develops on one of your machines, you will be able to transfer your patients to another linear accelerator.
- Improvement – The money that you save when buying a refurbished linear accelerator can be used to improve the quality of the patient care that you provide. You can add new upgrades, technologies or staff.
- Strengthen – The uncertainty of looming reimbursement cuts lets you manage expenses, lowering your risk and strengthening your practice
- Relaxation – If you know how to spot a top quality refurbished linear accelerator; chances are that you are going to use it for years. With a no-risk warranty, you can relax and have peace of mind.
Final Word On Buying Refurbished Linear Accelerators
You should always work with professionals for personalized advice when looking for buying a used linear accelerator. Additionally, you should consider planning aspects such as building constraints, water supply or power supply – and create a timeline that works for you to have your new equipment fully installed.
Also, it pays off to know how long you are going to keep the machine and which manufacturers you prefer. All of these tips will help you find the best refurbished linear accelerator for your needs!
Acceletronics is an independent service company dedicated to delivering the best equipment performance and service reliability from Linear Accelerators and CT Scanners across all major brands and models. Learn more about Acceletronics and their selection of new and refurbished linear accelerators and CT scanners today at http://www.acceletronics.com. To contact one of our LINAC experts call 610.524.3300.