Packaging is extremely vital when it comes to the production and sale of goods. Proper packaging helps in promoting the product, explaining the product’s usefulness, containing the contents safely, protecting the contents from harmful elements and minimizing negative environmental impacts.
Flexible packaging is a form of packaging used to protect products in a format that can be readily altered. Flexible packaging manufacturers use various forms of materials such as aluminum, plastics, and other materials to create attractive designs with different features which make product consumption more convenient and easy to use.
Advantages of Flexible Packaging
- Flexible packaging manufacturers are able to customize the requirements of different customers to suit their specialized needs. This adaptability of flexible packaging manufacturers gives them a competitive edge over their competitors.
- Consumers are increasingly looking for ways to make their lives easier and more convenient and product features such resealable seals, zip locks, and spouts can help flexible packaging manufacturers boost their sales.
- Flexible packaging manufacturers are required by law to follow the highest standards of packaging quality to ensure products are safe for consumption. Some flexible packaging manufacturers have gone a step further and incorporate additional features such as ultraviolet protection.
- Flexible packaging manufacturers offer a variety of options to retailers who want to incorporate a high level of creativity to attract customers to purchase their merchandise.
- Flexible packaging is more environmentally friendly and does not use up as many resources during production which makes it cost-effective and profitable for flexible packaging manufacturers.
Importance of Labeling Products
Product labeling is an essential feature in the marketing of products. Labeling helps to identify and differentiate different products on the shelves. Labeling provides information and knowledge to customers about a particular item; the ingredients used, and provide necessary information such as uses and instructions.
Product label specialists incorporate a variety of shapes, color, materials, sizes, and texture to communicate information about products. The expertise and creativity of product label specialists determine how successful the labeling and packaging grabs the attention of customers and translates that visual appeal into an actual purchase.
Product labeling is also essential for communicating information to customers on how to use a product properly and how to effectively dispose of it. Product labeling is thus used for security reasons and many companies incorporate a trademark or logo on their products as a way of communicating their standard of quality and commitment to consumers.
The combined importance of packaging and labeling thus serves the important roles of:
- Grabbing the attention of potential customers and increase the visual appeal of products.
- Encouraging potential buyers to purchase a product.
- Transmission of important information such as how to use and handle a product, how to transport products, how to recycle and how to properly dispose of the package or product itself.
Product label specialists are required by law to provide the following information to customers:
- Consumer product information standards e.g. best before dates or use by dates.
- Labels for imported goods e.g. country of origin.
- Industry-specific regulations such as quantity information.
Learn more about Anchor Printing and their vast line of custom product label & packaging options including: Shrink Sleeve Labels, Flexible Packaging, Roll-Fed Labeling, Pressure Sensitive and Cut & Stack Labels at http://anchorprinting.com/flexible-packaging.php. To contact one of our label specialists call toll free at 800.748.0209 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.